Waiheke Island Private Art Walk
- Duración: 5 Horas (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: Waiheke Island, Auckland
- Código de producto: PrivateArtWalk
Waiheke Island is an artsy and creative place. On this private and personalised tour you’ll discover the best of its arts scene, and meet talented artists, with the help of an expert local guide.
- Visit art galleries in Oneroa, including an artists’ collective, the Community Art Gallery and an artist goldsmith.
- Tour the local sculpture park and learn about this intriguing array of outdoor art.
- Visit sculptors and painters in their studios - and even get to meet an artisan shoemaker!
- Enjoy lunch at Church Bay Studio, the spectacular home of artist Gabriella Lewenz (cost of lunch is included in your tour fee).
- Walk through the Atawhai-Whenua Forest & Bird Reserve.
Waiheke Island has been known as an island that supports a lively creative community for many years now and has a wonderful range of artists who make their home here.
The Private Art Walk takes approximately five hours, and is done at a very leisurely pace so you can enjoy both the art and the scenery around you.
You will come away feeling inspired by what you have seen, the artists you have met and the beauty you have enjoyed while wandering through bush tracks and local roads.
Important details (these may be varied to suit your requirements):
- If you're in Auckland, catch the 9am Fullers Ferry from downtown (the trip to Waiheke Island takes approximately 35 minutes).
- This walk starts at 9:45am from the Fullers Ferry at Matiatia on Waiheke Island. When leaving the ferry, look for your guide who will be standing on your left just before you enter the Ferry Terminal. Your guide will be holding a Terra & Tide sign.
- Alternatively, we can meet you at 10am at the Community Art Gallery, Ocean View Road, Oneroa, which is a 10-15 minute walk from the ferry terminal.
- Finish your walk at either the Ferry Terminal or the Community Art Gallery.
- Travelling independently? We also offer regular Art Walk (not a private group).
- This walk is suitable for groups of 2-8.
- Recommended for ages 15+.
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- Visits to galleries and studios
- Lunch at artist’s home and studio
- Ferry between Auckland and Waiheke Island
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun glasses, hat sunscreen
- Raincoat (depending on forecast)
- Money for art purchases
About Terra & Tide
Terra & Tide is committed to managing and developing its business in a sustainable manner and to minimising the environmental impact of its activities. It has achieved Qualmark Sustainable Business certification (Silver level).