Waiheke Island Bush & Beach Walk
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Waiheke Island, Auckland
- Product code: BushBeach
This 5-hour walk around tranquil Te Whau Peninsula and Rocky Bay combines the best of Waiheke Island bush and beaches. Fabulous coastal views, seabird nesting grounds and lush forest trails will make this an adventure to remember!
- Experience majestic forest reserves, including the magnificent Pohutukawa trees and Nikau Palms of the Whakanewha Regional Park.
- Learn about birdlife on the island, including the protected dotterel nesting grounds.
- Enjoy scenic Te Whau Peninsula with fabulous views of the island and back to Auckland.
- Stop for a rest at the beach, where there is time for a swim or to eat your picnic lunch.
Visitors to Waiheke Island are often surprised by how big it is, and how much there is to see. There are beaches and forests everywhere, but we'll show the best of them on a professionally guided walk that makes the most of your precious time on Waiheke.
Our walks are always small groups (maximum 12 people) so you'll get plenty of time to chat with your guide and follow walkers. We'll point out interesting and unique features of the environment, and if you're a birdwatcher, you'll be busy!Important details:
- If you're in Auckland, catch the 9am Fullers Ferry from downtown (the trip to Waiheke Island takes approximately 35 minutes).
- This walk starts at 9:45am from the Ferry Terminal at Matiatia on Waiheke Island.
When leaving the ferry, look for your guide who will be standing on your left just before you enter the Ferry Terminal. Your guide will be holding a Terra & Tide sign.
- This walk finishes at 3:00pm at the Ferry Terminal at Matiatia.
- Maximum number of walkers: 8.
- Recommended for ages 8+.
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- Pick up from Oneroa 30 mins prior, for those who require it
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun glasses, hat, sunscreen
- Raincoat (depending on forecast)
About Terra & Tide
Terra & Tide is committed to managing and developing its business in a sustainable manner and to minimising the environmental impact of its activities. It has achieved Qualmark Sustainable Business certification (Silver level).